Wednesday, September 21, 2005

August 29, 2005



wPict29a
Originally uploaded by Au_Kalan.
Kayak into Hartley Bay, it is an amazingly clean village. All the roads and walkways are raised wood boardwalks. Not a drop of gravel or pavement anywhere. Everyone walks or drives ATV’s to get around town. A friendly dock worker directs me to the Post Office where I get my last box of supplies and a letter from Aunt Vernie. There is no public pay phone in town or within 50 miles. The kind people at the development center let me use their phone to call home. It’s been 11 days since I talked to Mary Lou, we yak for a good long time.



ML told me that the Hank and Carolyn had been in touch with her and were looking for me. On the 27th they were at the south end of Pitt Island, this was when I was at the Hot Springs so it looked like I missed them. If they were still in the area ML said that they were going to try and track me down.

Back at the tent I spend the afternoon sorting and organizing all of my new food. I still had rice, organic pesto pasta, cuscus, cashews, almonds, more mixed nuts, granola, It looks like I had more food than I knew what to do with. With the fishing that I had done my supplies were lasting longer than planned.

No comments: